Who: Jen Newmeyer from the Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC
When: Tuesday, September 22 at 6:30 PM
Where: 4110 Ebenezer Church Rd, Raleigh, NC
What will we talk about?
Jen Newmeyer will talk to us about her experience running a 24 hour Digital Telethon for the past four years. She will also give us advice for how to plan our own digital telethon.
- Basics needed for streaming online events – Jen will go into detail about the technology used for a digital telethon and some of the important aspects.
- Which streaming service to choose depending on your needs
- Issues with bandwidth
- Content strategy – How Jen and her staff picked the content they used for their digital telethon and things you should consider when creating content for your digital telethon.
- Information to feature based on objectives of audience
- Material should be diverse and interesting
- Marketing strategy – Marketing tools that go into planning and advertising this type of event
- The “campaign toolbox” – includes how to use social media, press, Google, etc. for this type of event
- What goes into the actual organization and planning of the event
Who should attend?
- Digital marketers
- Digital teams
- Anyone with interest in digital streaming
- Those involved in non-profit and for-profit companies
Takeaway Teaser – some words of wisdom from Jen Newmeyer
- Test your broadband for a stable connection several times before the event.
- Include interesting content that will make viewers want to keep watching. Think outside the box.
Bonus Tip: Jen would like you to bring questions! She would like this to be an interactive event of sharing ideas and dynamic discussion.
Bring yourselves and your questions to the Triangle Marketing Club meeting tomorrow night.